Saturday, February 12, 2011

Firsts

My daughter Lexie debuted in the ring alongside of her Papillon Sparky.
"I'm excited and scared," she told me as we climbed into the van at 5:30 this morning to head for Albany.
I didn't know if I was going to be able to watch them make their first go at it because Cardigans were almost the same time and in a different building. But I was and even got a couple of shots with my camera phone...




I am soo proud of her. Lexie is going through a shy phase and Sparky is hitting his teens with 3 Cardigan girls at home in successive phases of their heat cycle. But they both came through it alive. And Lexie was absolutely thrilled to get a red ribbon today.

The judge was awesome and supportive to Lexie. I love that!! Thank you Ms. Gloria Kerr for being so encouraging.

And Rogue and I took home a Best Bred-By, BOW and BOS under one of our favorite judges Ms. Emily Fish. Thank you, Ms. Fish. Rogue just needs one more point to finish!!!

7 comments:

Kristine said...

Huge congrats on all the accomplishments today Le'o! Sounds like a really wonderful day!

Carolyn Cannon said...

Se, what cute pictures. Way to go, Lexie.
As far as Rogue: you know how I feel about her ;-)

Carolyn Cannon said...

Ok, I don't know what I typed that my phone thought was "se". Anyway......

Léo said...

s and e are right next to a and w. I think you meant "aw". :-)

RegentCardis said...

Congrats on a great day and another win on Rogue. :)

Elbeepem said...

A good day at the dog show! Congrats to all! (Rogue's on fire! Whahoo!)

Builder Mama said...

Congratulations to everyone! Way to go Lexie!