Thursday, May 28, 2009

new beginnings

It seemed appropriate to announce my new babies along with the new kennel name.

The first to enter the world was a little girl. As she came out she took one look, stuck out her tongue and tried to go back to where she came from. As I mentioned sometime ago the litter theme is the X-Men. It seems "Rogue" suits her. The vet helped us get her out. She weighed 10 oz.

Meet Rogue. She has white streaks on her ears, perfectly symmetrical ear markings.






Next came a boy. He slipped out on the way back home. A friend called him "Taxi" and that stuck for a day but it's not in keeping with the theme. Notice the lightening bolt on the back of his neck. I think I'd like this one to be Magnus (aka Magneto). He weighed 11.5.

Meet Magnus.






#3 is a boy named Remy (aka Gambit). He was 9.5.





#4 Kim called this boy "Devil boy" so that's my Wolverine.

Meet Logan who weighed 9 oz.






The next 3 came to us via c-section.

A boy, nearly "bald" I'll name Charlie after Charles Xavier. He was 9 oz.

Hello Charlie.





This sweet girl is my Jeanie (Jean Grey aka The Phoenix). She had quite a bit of green stain from meconium all over her head. Weight: 9 oz. We're glad you're with us Jeanie.





And last but not least, my favorite female X-Men character, Storm. May be more appropriate for a blue girl, or a black. But this little bit, weighing only 8 oz., is a fighter with a tornado on the back of her head. Meet Storm.






Momma Kayla loves her X-Puppies. She is the best mother.

16 comments:

Kady Cannon said...

They are beautiful! Of course I may be a touch prejudice.

And Kayla looks good for having a c-section so recently.

Hugs to all.

Kate said...

Why did you decide to change?

Kate said...

Oops! Guess I could read the sidebar. :P

Kate said...

Third time is the charm (I'm just too excited!)...

You got some amazingly prettily marked babies. Do I see a body splash?

Congrats!

Kady Cannon said...

p.s. I like the new name . . .

Léo said...

Kayla looks like her old self with boobies. Ok, and shaved. But from above she looks absolutely svelt.

CardiLover said...

What pretty babies! Looks like you got all shades of brindle in there, too. It'll be fun to watch them grow!

Love the new kennel name, too!!!

penni said...

Wonderful babies -- we're all going to enjoy them.

coopercreek said...

Congrats on the babies. Look forward to watching them grow up.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little family :)

Anonymous said...

Kate used to make me watch X-men, until I learned to love it :)

Kim said...

I wish you could have seen Casper's face when I got home. He got a whiff of puppies and would not leave me alone.

"ooooooooooooooooooo puppies! Where are they huh? I wanna see puppies

Léo said...

I love that Mr. C!! Tell him we'll come for a visit, the whole gang, real soon.

starrynights said...

Yay for beautiful babies. Congrats on all the pretty markings. Lots of flash. Josh likes your litter theme... ;-)

Hug dem sweet puppies for me!

dreameyce said...

Congrats! I can't wait to meet them! Now, just make sure I don't bring any home! I love x-men, but need another puppy right now!

Jules said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to follow their growth and progress!