Saturday, November 20, 2010

2 weeks (and a couple of days)

From left to right: Raven, Fae, Leila, Little Bit-Elysia, Boo-Boy, Cora, and Shade.

It's been a busy week. With the holidays and with what I know will be happening as the puppies get older and sleep less, well, just prepare yourselves for fewer posts than normally happens when there are puppies around here.

I spent some time lining them up for the above photo. Such a picture will be virtually impossible for someone with my level of patience as they become more mobile.

It's also deworming day. They really haven't had anything other than mother's milk. I think they found the caramel-flavored concoction rather tasty.

Other chores for the weekend include pedicures for momma Panda and all the babies. And a bedroom remodel! Yep, the puppies are figuring out the sibs don't appreciate being peed and pooped on and are getting up off the pile and finding a place away from them to take care of business. I also observed that mom no longer needs to be involved in their toileting, although she's a great mom and is still very industrious at her housekeeping chores. (In case you didn't know: Little newborn puppies need mom to stimulate things.) So it's time to introduce a litter box.
What you'll see in upcoming weeks is a box with shavings. It starts out right outside the whelping box and as the babies become more active and need more playroom the litter gets moved closer and closer to the door outside. I understand this mimics the den and how they learn to not poop where they eat and sleep.

All have their eyes opening now. A couple are only half open but it's amazing how they change in personality when they are able to see their picker-upper. And woofs and grrrrs are heard. They managed to get the whole pack upstairs going this morning.

5 comments:

Carolyn Cannon said...

Pretty blues. I can't wait to see how they grow up. I'll be waiting for stacked pictures in a couple of weeks ;-)

Storm Ridge Cardigans said...

very pretty babies, I have no idea how you managed to get that picture.

Builder Mama said...

The blues are so pretty!!! Wonderful group of babies.

A-Squared said...

They seem to be coming along nicely! I can imagine how much work they are - especially as they get more spunkie! Thanks for keeping us up to date with pictures.

Kaye said...

I,m suprised I usually have such a thing for the tri's, but I think Cora is my fav, so far....