Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Kayla spotted



Many of you have already heard that Kayla was accidentally let loose and subsequently lost last Thursday. Her new mom is frantic and doing everything she can to locate her. Flyers and shelters, mail carrier and real estate agents have all been notified. She was lost in the rural area surrounding Poulsbo, WA.

If you don't know Kayla she is a reserved girl but playful with puppies and children. She is a very dark brindle, would look black in the shadows of the forest, mahogany in the sunlight. Amber colored eyes.

If you live in the area and you see her call her name gently and sweetly. Don't chase her. Hold out your hand like you have a treat. If you have cheese, cat food, bacon (think smelly and delicious to a dog) hold it out in front of you, call her name in a friendly way, get down on your knee. "Kayla. Come. Cookie."

I got an email from Kayla's new mom, Liz, that she had been seen in the Hood Canal Bridge area again. Let's hope they have success on bringing the silly girl home. If you live in the area and would like to help please contact me at imleo9@gmail.com with your contact info and I'll get you in touch with Liz.





9 comments:

Jules said...

Saying a prayer Kayla is found soon.

Jeri said...

I'm relieved that she has been seen. Many good thoughts that they bring her home soon!

Traci said...

I said this on Kathy's blog, but I'll say it here... it's a GOOD sign she's been spotted... I hope she lets people help her... Come, Kayla.... come get the cookies.... hurry home honey!!!

Taryn said...

Hoping and praying Kayla comes home soon.

dreameyce said...

I'm sending well wishes to her family in hopes she finds her way back soon. I can't imagine how worried they are.

Good luck everyone! I wish I were closer so I could offer to help pass out flyers, and Kayla trailing.

Nancy said...

Darn! I responded to the CL ad and since there was no news I was hoping it was good news. I will keep an open eye and cruise the area frequently. Darn, darn, darn

Nancy

Elbeepem said...

I learned about Kayla's disappearance on Friday from Mandy. A description of Kayla, as well as any updates from Liz, Kayla's owner, regarding sightings, will be continually posted on my blog, http://4thedogz.blogspot.com/

After years working with rescue dogs, we've had a few lost ones in new homes. Thinking that some of the patterns we've seen and things we've tried might be helpful for Liz, I've been in communication with her. Hopefully she's now establishing a territory and one of the residents will be able to lure her to an area where she can be contained, or convince her to come.

Everyone please continue to send Kayla the "message" that Liz is looking for her and she should make a connection with any person she sees so they can find Liz for her.

Holly said...

Has she been in her new home long? What worked really well with getting Eva (Chloe) back when she bolted a month ago was bringing in a familiar dog, male preferably, so they can mark everywhere. I also kept sending a "fresh" supply of dirty clothes with our familiar scents on them to her new owners.

Praying she is reunited with her home soon!

Holly said...

I did get a phone call from this wonderful "pet detective" who is in Washington State! She found me on the Element Owner's Club forum when Eva was missing and she took the time to call me with pet detectives in Eva's area.

http://www.lostpetresources.com