Monday, December 28, 2009

Hi Rio!!

Belinda writes:
"Well I have managed to get some time at the computer. We went through a scare with the computer and Fred had to work on it for about 3 weeks, which really did not give me a chance to be on the computer.
"I hope you like these photos....some are with Alvin - it is amazing how much they look to each other. You will also get to see the "girls" Bea & Truedy, I bred them and they were born on Valentine's Day 1998. Bea is the brown one, we have also seen similarities between Rio & Truedy. The girl's grand sire is Elmo's half brother Percy...so still in the family to some extent.
Looking out the window a bit ago, Rio was playing with Bea - running around the backyard with some wrestling included. Bea has always been the greatest "Auntie" for pups. Rio is always wearing a smile, I am hoping he will get better with his vocabulary - in that he starts making sounds more like he is talking.
"Tomorrow I plan to take him to the vet's office to see how much he weighs, last time I took him in he was 25 pounds which was about a month ago.
"He is better on the retrieving, and has found the staircase - he gets such a sad face when I tell him he has to stay at the top of the stairs, almost as if I have broken his heart. But soon (about 2 months) I will be letting him go up and down without assistance. Also he has found out I keep the chow plus bone treats downstairs, but not the exact location. Alvin is also teaching him about the squirrels, the girls throw in their advice also.
"Yesterday I actually mistook the barking I was hearing as Alvin, to find out it was Rio ! Do hope that was only an one time deal .... don't need confusion on who I am hearing bark.
Enjoy the photos, stay warm - it is bitterly cold here AND Rio likes it (!) - I am going to go warm up under the electric blanket.
"I have plans on coming over to the Portland shows for a couple of days. Maybe we may see each other?"







Belinda, Rio looks great and happy. Yes, Rogue and I will be at the Rose City Classic. I look forward to meeting you in person!! -L

1 comment:

David said...

Hello Leo. It was a pleasure meeting you and Rogue at Rose City last weekend. It won't be until later this year before I'm in a position to be able to adopt, but when that day comes I'm glad to have a contact in the community! Warmest regards! ~ David