Saturday, February 20, 2010

Little Doubt Now, Lucky Number 7?!!! and Happy Birthday Celie


I think we can see that she has definitely got somethin' goin' on in there. Every time I look at her she seems to have grown more round. And she still has about 4 weeks to go!!! (Due date is actually March 19th.)

One of the developments in pregnancy is the bitch will shed the hair on her belly to make it easier for puppies to find the milkshake valves. Chloë and Lexie were examining her and noticed: "She's only got 7 nipples!!" Sure enough there are only 3 on one side and the usual 4 on the other. Two are aligned directly across from each other but the rest are staggered. I've never heard of this phenomenon.

And today she gets extra cookies and belly rubs for another reason. She turns 3 today. Happy Birthday my Special Girl. Love you!!!

5 comments:

scenic view said...

woo hoo!

Kady Cannon said...

You'd be surprised how often there's an odd number of faucets :-)

Seven isn't very many though. More often I've seen 9. Julie and 11 (and litters to go with them).

Traci said...

Hope Celie had a great birthday!!! :) Please give her belly rubs for me too! :) I can't wait to see her babies!!!! :)

Dune Cardigans said...

LE only has 7 spigots too. Good thing she only had 6 pups last time. Hope everything goes well.

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.