Saturday, February 6, 2010

Celie and Rocky

In case you're new to my blog and NW Cardigans I'm writing this post about the recent breeding and hopes for some very nice puppies. It's a wonderful pedigree.

First here's a link to Rocky's page.
CH Coedwig's Malachite, PT

And my Celie, CH Coedwig's Sail On Silvergirl pictured here. Love her front and expression!



She has been a dream dog who got me totally addicted to this conformation showing sickness. She finished easily at 11 months with 3 majors.
One of those majors she also went on to receive Best of Breed as seen here.



Here she is winning her second Best of Breed when I specialed her last spring in Elma.



One of my favorite views of her.



I don't have enough time in my day to do it all with her. We did obedience training and will again. The instructor, Chris Primmer, went on and on about how biddable she was. "People would give you thousands of dollars for that dog!!," she said every class.

She's my sidekick though, my right guard, and yes as one of her grandmas calls her she's still a little gwrach (witch). And if all has gone well, she's full of lucky charms. That's right the due date is St. Patrick's Day.

Current names being tossed around for the little babes are Luck Be a Lady (call name Bea or Ellie) and Fortune Favors the Bold (call name Virgil or more likely Felix).

I am so grateful for Kim Shira's love and support, starting with the day she said, "I want you to have this girl." We're both very excited about this litter and I'll be sure to keep everyone posted as things progress.

8 comments:

Traci said...

I'M very excited about this too - being Celie's auntie and all ;-) I hope you get all you hope for out of this litter!!! :)

Taija said...

What a beautiful girl (inside-out!) and such a lovely choice for a stud! Can't wait to see photos of the babies. Good luck!

Liam's Mommy said...

Ohhh.. super excited for more puppies!

Grammy Chris said...

Give Gwrach a hug! Keeping fingers crossed!

Anne Kauffman said...

Gorgeous girl! How exciting that your Celie is going to be a mama. As the proud mom of the notorious Clank (formerly Remy of the X-Men litter), I know that they will be beautiful babies with magnificent Corgi personalities - thanks to your loving care.

Taryn said...

Ooooh! I look forward to seeing these pups! They certainly will be stunning!

Kunstrxns said...

Clank is talking little brother, but Ratchet just ran out of the room screaming. Congrats on the soon to be gaggle of puppies.

Dune Cardigans said...

Wow - there are so many exciting litters coming up! Celie is a doll. Good luck with the litter. ;)