Monday, December 13, 2010

Older Pems need home


I received a forwarded email from my husband that he got from a co-worker:

"My grandma is terminally ill and must be placed in a nursing home . We are in desperate need of placing her 2 dogs in a home as soon as possible.

The pictures attached are recent pictures of the dogs, they are very sweet but do require some special care.

Sky female spayed, is the oldest ,about 11 years old, she takes Prednisone every other day for swelling in her foot. She is very sweet and has a great disposition. Eagle is a neutered male and about 10 years old. Eagle is healthy, but little skittish, especially around little kids.

Because my grandmothers health has been so poor and she is unable to move without a wheel chair, the dogs have started some bad indoor bathroom habits. They do have a doggy door, and can probably be re trained to go outside , but will require some patience and effort.

Please let me know if you know anyone that may be able to take these dogs, even if it’s a rescue shelter for Corgis, as long as they are cared for and loved, my Grandmother will be happy.

Thanks for your help,

Anna "


I've contacted a few people who regularly work with rescue already but many read this blog and may want to let it be known through me that they have room in their homes and hearts for these two older babies who still have a lot of love to give. Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Karen Disney said...

Thank you for posting! Hopefully these sweet dogs can find a new home.

Carolyn Cannon said...

I've posted the link to the CorgiRescue list.

Léo said...

Thanks!
Kathy of 4thedogs is also helping us connect with the local pem club rescue. She says they are the best ones to work through for now. I will post updates as I learn anything.

Léo said...

I mean Kathy of ForPaws Corgi Rescue.

starrynights said...

Why are these poor Pemmies shaved? Are they fluffs or is that just an attempt to control shedding? Hopefully someone will give these guys a home, permanent or otherwise.