Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Introducing the Lucky kids

Kismet. Although it's going to be interesting what his reaction will be to "Holy Shit!" since those were the first words I said when I saw him in the dog run.
13 oz. at birth, gained .5 as of today.


Karma. 10 oz. yesterday. 11 today. The fairies gave her a special black kiss on top of her head.


Bea. Short for Luck Be a Lady. 10.5 at birth. 11 today. Guess who thinks she's the princess?


Mojo Jojo. I think his first words would have been "Excuse me Momma, you need to push a little harder. Now please if you don't mind." Such a polite boy. 10 oz. then. 10.5 now.



Sara. Short for Serendipity. Dipity works too with the splash on the ears. The biggest girl at 11.5 oz yesterday and 12.5 oz. today.




Gerta. Bear with me on this one but you try to find enough luck names for so many girls. Gerta is pretty close to the phonetic pronunciation of Goethe, who said: "Only by joy and sorrow does a person know anything about themselves and their destiny. They learn what to do and what to avoid." So she's Gerta aka Knowing Destiny. I know. I know. Sorry Gerta.
Anyway, she was 11 oz. yesterday and is holding strong.

I couldn't be more pleased with this experience. If only all births went so well.

14 comments:

Jeri said...

Beautiful, flashy babies! Congrats! Can't wait to see them grow up.

penni said...

Good job Le'o and Celie. Keep posting -- I, for one, have puppy fever again!

Kristine said...

I think I'm most smitten with Gerta. Her 'kiss spot' on the top of her head is in exactly the same location as Riley's (who gets kissed on his kiss spot on a daily basis). Beautiful babies!

Holly said...

Congrats! Sara is a mini Grandpa Luther. :-)

dreameyce said...

I love Karma, esp the kiss target spot. They're all beautiful, and I'm so excited to watch them grow up!

Christine Armstrong said...

Nice chubby, shiny babies!

Kim said...

Dear Auntie Le'o...

I call dibs on Sara and Gerta.

Love, Casper

Christine Armstrong said...

For Gerta... lwcus or ffodus. And lwc happens to be a feminine noun. Befitting a little gwrach's girl.....

Kady Cannon said...

Congrats. They look great :-)

Elbeepem said...

Awww...they're lovely! Good job Celie!

Taija said...

Congrats on newborn babies! I love Karma's little fairy spot - it's magical!

2Grandmas2 said...

Now that's the way it is supposed to go! You have some real beauties there. Congrats, Le'o. Good job, Celie.
Nancy

Taryn said...

Lovely babies! Congratulations!

scenic view said...

What a lovely bunch. YaYaa wants them all! a fat one, a blue one......it goes on.