Monday, March 15, 2010

Wow!!!


Lucky is right!!
Celie's temp was never less than 100º (when there was a thermometer up her butt anyway ;-)).

So I get home from work. Sophia is sick and staying home. I take the other two to school. Come back and check on Sophia. She's feeling better so we decide to have breakfast. Thomas had taken Celie's temp earlier this morning and I know she's been out already and had her breakfast. But while I'm sipping coffee she barks at me to go out. So I let her outside along with her "sisters" Rogue and Pan.
I go back inside and get on the phone. Half an hour later and they're barking, barking, barking. "My dogs must see something." I go out to let them in. "Holy shit!!!" There's a little black boy squeaking in the middle of the dog run!! Best guess this one was born at about 10:15. No sooner get her in the whelping box and blue girl at 10:30, then 2nd blue girl at 10:45.
Then Celie decided to take her time... at 11:45 I checked her... "Oh shit!" Literally. Meconium coming out with baby deep inside. Off to the vet methinks and quick. But she was pushing within 10 minutes. Breech and sac broke but writhing like crazy and trying to catch his breath.
Then came 2 black girls.

I think she's done.

She's such a good momma. She is sleeping now but during labor she kept looking at me as if to say "OH!!! So that's what was in there!! Cool!! I love them!!"

Note, I had planned on going out to take care of some errands today. Thank you Sophia for being sick. And turning out to be the best little doula. She says, "I'm so glad I was sick today!!"

And thank you Celie for doing so well.

11 comments:

Ariel said...

WOW! What a day :)

dreameyce said...

BEAUTIFUL babies! I can't wait to meet them!

Traci said...

awww, welcome little babies!!! So glad it all went so smoothly!!! :)

Kady Cannon said...

Good girls: Sophia and Celie!

Liam's Mommy said...

Oh my what fun you had today! I am guessing that Grandma Kim didn't make it as planned? Good job to everyone involved!

Kristine said...

Congrats on all the new additions--they are beautiful!

Kunstrxns said...

congrats on the beautiful babies! Clank says they look very small, but cute.

Taryn said...

What an exciting morning! Congrats on your new babies!

2Grandmas2 said...

Now that's the way to do it. Too fast to worry. Good job!
Nancy

Christine Armstrong said...

Well done, Gwrach! Her mommy is a super mommy; bet she'll be one, too!
Hugs,
Grammy Chris

scenic view said...

waa hoo! i just checked your blog a little too early that day! what a lovely bunch o' pups.