Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's not always about the Cardis...

Honestly, I'm not entirely insane...

I have Cardigans. I love all dogs, but the Cardigan Welsh Corgi is the breed that fits the bill in my opinion. Husband had a childhood dream of having a Bulldog and so a few years ago we brought Gus home. Gus loves Celie who was a puppy when he moved in and they grew up together. He's tolerant, most of the time, of the others.

My daughter, Lexie, loves all creatures great and small. She plans on being a veterinarian and is always the first to help her mother with the animals or just hang with them because she enjoys their company. Loves dogs. But I noticed how she lit up like a Christmas tree whenever she saw a toy breed.

There is this family I know who have Cardigans and Papillons (and not to mention Border Collies) who you may have seen had a litter of, well, actually two litters of Paps and a litter of Cardigans recently. Well, Kathy and Emily went out of town for a Border Collie Specialty and they needed a sitter. I knew I'd have plenty of help from Lexie and her sisters. Little did I realize Gus would fall in love too...

And good for him as it seems we're keeping the fellow above. He once was known as Two-Step but Lexie likes to call him Sparky. I think his registered name will be Joyvnture Sparks Are Flyin'. For now all I can say is the name suits him.

5 comments:

Carolyn Cannon said...

Aw, a "rug monkey".

(Brenda Devine used to call hers that.)

Léo said...

That's about right. The little guy is a potential poster child for ADHD.

2Grandmas2 said...

Congrats!! It sounds like Lexie will have her hands full...which can be a very good thing at that age. ;o)

Emily said...

He is getting so cute!!! WOW!!

Jeri said...

Let this be a lesson to anyone who offers to babysit adorable puppies LOL!