Friday, June 12, 2009

Words defined as stronger than cute.

According to my thesaurus, synonyms for cute are attractive, pretty, delightful, charming, endearing, adorable, sweet, appealing, darling, lovable... hmmm... Some of those might also qualify as stronger than cute. But I like the following so much better. I've included photos in case you've never familiarized yourself with these terms before.

Charlie - 1 lb. 4 oz.





Rogue - 1 lb. 13.5 oz. (nearly tripled her birth weight!) I think it's clear I'm not the only one who thinks this girl is looking pretty good so far. Those markings are stunning.




Jeanie - 1 lb. 9 oz. "But I don't wanna do this right now!!"






Magnus - 1 lb. 13.5 oz. I think Jimmy Durante came back as my Maggie boy.




What that you say?



Oh that's goo-oo-ood. Don't stop. Whatever you do, don't ever stop.




Logan - 1 lb. 12 oz. He's the lightest brindle....


....with a bit of masking. Cool huh?





Remy - 1 lb. 9 oz.



Pure fortuitous circumstance that created a goatee for my Le Diable Blanc (one of X-Men's Gambit's nicknames as a street punk).



And I can't get enough puppy yawning pictures.





Storm - 1 lb. 4.5 oz.


I've been told over and over how smart their markings are. Photographing their show sides I think really shows them off. The big collars and nice angles on the markings on the shoulders. Every little bit helps right? But only time will tell which will ones will know the ring.

Ears are open now. I clapped and nothing. I squealed, "Puppy, puppy, puppy!" And OMG, how the raucous bunch went crazy. Started the noise socialization today with a recording of dog show noises (thank you!!). Complete with blow driers and dogs barking and people yelling at them to be quiet. Puppies slept through it. Kayla *eventually* calmed down. Of course in truth, with 3 kids in our home, noise socialization started with me yelling: "Would you shut the bleep up? Kayla's getting anxious." :-D

11 comments:

dreameyce said...

Rogue REALLY has me swooning. She's beautiful already! Look at her! With as much presence as she has now, I *HOPE* she's the all-around keeper, just because she has that "look at me" look to her already.

Just think how much BETTER it'll get as she matures, and really learns how to work it!

Jeri said...

They really are all very striking pups! Can't wait to see how they turn out. Have fun!

Darn, I need a tape! I got lots of cool things for the puppies to explore but I forgot about taped noises. Ack!

starrynights said...

LOL...I never needed taped noise for Hannah's litter. Just raise them in a house with kids, other dogs, cats etc and they get plenty of noise desensitization...

Just move the puppies to a central location in the house once they are a few weeks old. I used to vacuum all around the pen and all the puppies would follow the vacuum cleaner. To this day, Greta still wags her tail like a fool and follows me if I vacuum while she's in the house! What a dork...

I do like the idea of the dog show noise tape though....Good one!

Anonymous said...

I think you need adverbs, adjectives and exclamation marks to describe them now. i.e. they are 'outrageously adorable!' and 'shockingly sweet!!'
Rogue is still my personal favorite, but little Remy is right up there as well.

Kim said...

Magnus and Rogue still for me. Granted... I'm a bit partial to the surprise Magnus in the back of my car trick.

Kate said...

Look at the neeeeeck on Rogue.

Jenn said...

It's fun to see them grow, though I find myself drooling, yearning for another puppy! While there were only Mark and I at my place, we had plenty of noise with cats and dogs, not to mention various puppy-socializers who would materialize out of nowhere to sit on our kitchen floor.

Traci said...

They are beautiful, Le'o!!!

Holly said...

I can't pick a favorite! Very nice litter. I love puppy yawns too!

Juniper said...

Okay very cute yes, but careful with those self-fulfilling prophecy names. Logan is borderline (I've never met a human one that wasn't temperamental) but "White Devil" is just unfair for something so cute, even if said in French.

Traci said...

neeeed moooooore baaaaaaby piiiiiiictures... 4 days is too long to go without cuteness!!!! :)